Saturday 14 April 2012

The Journey Begins...........


Someone once said that I had reinvented myself more times than Madonna and I suppose that's true. I was born an identical  twin. That in itself creates a somewhat different perspective on life, especially because I shared an identity with another person for a great part of it. In fact I did not discover who I really was (alone) until I was in my 50's, and to a greater extent I am still on this exploration of discovery.

Career wise I have been a nurse, midwife, knitwear designer, management trainer & executive coach (for over 23 years), published author and now a jewellery designer. This blog is a record of the development of Chrissie Designs Jewellery, my new business that is bringing me remarkable experiences, successes and insights every day. It is so remarkable that I want to share the story with you.

Life is a journey and on mine I have had many different experiences. I travelled the world on a merchant ship for the first 3 years of my marriage, seeing places and natural wonders that most people only experience through their TV. I have been lucky enough set my feet on almost every continent in the world and most of the UK. 

Travelled the World on a Ship Like This
I am blessed with two beautiful and loving daughters who are both married to wonderful men. They each have a daughter and so now I am a Nannie to Megan who is 3 years old and Evelyn who is 8 months. I can't even start to explain the difference they have made to my life. All I can say is that they are the icing and cherry on top of a very wonderful cake!

Family and friends form one of the most important parts of my life. As a recovering workaholic, this was not always the case. I truly believed that I had to work every hour God sent to make my business work. OK, so I was a very controlling person who needed to fill an emotional void with work! There, I have admitted it. "If you hold onto the handle, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you." - Brian Andreas. This quote really sums up what I now believe and am experiencing.



Now in my autumn years I find myself on a journey that is no longer controlled by me. For the first time I am "letting go and letting God." This blog is a record of my new and exciting journey. It is inspiring me every day and I hope it inspires those who read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment